Assignment 1 -- OpenCV
This assignment should get you started with OpenCV. You are welcome to work in groups. A group can have maximum of 2 students.
DEADLINE: September 23rd before class. (We will present some in class)
- Install OpenCV (OS X, Windows, or Linux):
- Mac and Linux users can you this Makefile to compile
- Just do: make <program_name> eg: make camshiftdemo
- Modify the camshiftdemo.cpp (found in OpenCV-<version>/samples/cpp) code to do a drawing game. i.e the center of the tracked blob will draw on a black canvas with some circle of fixed diameter.
- Figure out in the code where it calculates the X/Y of the blob
- Write additional code that opens another window for the drawing canvas
- Your data structure for the canvas could be just an RGB image. And you keep filling into this image a circle.
- You can also google around for code examples that do certain things with OpenCV
- Submission: Mail your source code and a README as a zip file to staff email
- Check http://opencv.org/ for lots of good resources and tutorials.
- Also check out this OpenCV Cheatsheet
- Feel free to use OpenCV bindings for other languages (python etc.).